As a leading service provider to the industrial property market, Savills has diversified its operations to encompass the continued shift towards mainland China and to incorporate the industrial-office (I/O), warehousing and business parks sectors.
- Total value of successful transactions concluded by Savills approximately HK$10 billion over the last ten years
- Established an outstanding reputation within this niche segment of Hong Kong’s property market
- Successfully developed a vast network of clients within the last two years, winning ourselves many big-name clients including major developers, banks and funds, both locally and globally
- Extensive line of services offered from acting in the acquisition, sale, leasing of industrial properties to property management services for landlords
- Substantial experience in dealing with agricultural lands, industrial estate-advisory, warehouse, godown, collective sales and change of land use advisory
Hong Kong’s prosperous logistics industry stimulates a steady demand for industrial warehouse properties and the solid returns from the sector have attracted interest from overseas funds, which have been taking up floors and blocks for long-term investment.
In the Chief Executive’s Policy Address delivered in October 2009, a package of measures was introduced to facilitate redevelopment of old industrial buildings and encourage wholesale conversion of industrial buildings. Since that announcement, Savills Industrial Department has set-up a special taskforce and been working closely with our in-house Research and Consultancy Department to assist landlords in understanding the impact of the policy on the market through professional analysis based on in-depth data mining. The team has also been attentively watching the market, identifying the best divestment moment for our clients. This is why Savills Industrial Department differs from the rest.